Home Tumblr Profile follow






Hello and welcome to Milky-way Heart. I'm known to everyone as Abbie and this is my diary. I'm a 25 yr old Los Angeles, California girl.
In love with: Gyaru fashion, Fairy-Kei Lolita fashion, Fairy-tales, shoujo manga, mahou shoujo, anime, roses, rainy days, the color pink, make up & beauty products, and all things romantic & kawaii. And if you like me enough, I'd love for you to follow me.
This blog looks best in FF, GC, and IE. Sorry Opera users. ;__;

Currently:

Reading: Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai

Watching: Gokinjo Monogatari, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Go!Princess Precure, Pripara

Updates: 8/22/14 Broken images fixed, side bar updated, links updated and removed throughout blog

Site Map: (Remember to click on the text!)
Me - About me, wishlist, stats
You - Ads, Free Space, Reviews & Tutorials
Site- Links, Thanks, Archives, Site info

" I love the whole world, and all its craziness! BOOM DEYADA "

{ Contact }


Favorites ♥

★Paint the Sky with Stars ★Happy Days with Georgie ★Taskin-Illusion ★Geek Ballerina★Cotton Candy Happy

Instagram ♥


Twitter ♥



Lovely Followers ♥

Follow on Bloglovin




Tags ♥
♥ Beauty ♥ Blog Chat ♥ Cooking ♥ Dress Up ♥ Events ♥ Friends ♥ Fun ♥ Gets ♥ Gifts ♥ Giveaways ♥ Inspiration ♥ Life ♥ Mini-Reviews ♥ Outings ♥ personal ♥ Reviews ♥ Style

Credits ♥
? Designer ? Portfolio ? Xmissyger@BS ? Blogger
OLDER
NEWER
009: Mini Review: Face wipes & Make up remover
POSTED AT 1:11 AM WITH \\
You take my money, when I'm in need~
Hi, everyone! How are you doing? I hope everyone's well. I recently had the best Sunday last week, and I'm going to have a very huge post coming soon. It's taking so long because I need to edit all the photos, and I only have my cell camera to work it. I can't wait until I can have use of a digital camera again!

Yesterday I had to go to the doctor and I learned that I'm still anemic.  This was a shock to me, since it had been almost two years since I was hospitalized for my anemia and I figured I'd been completely better by now. I feel fine anyway. So of course the doctor described iron pills to me. I'm really hesitant about taking them again, since the last time I took them I would become very ill.

I took one today, and although I had a small stomachache, I didn't become ill. Hopefully this time they'll work.

As always, I'd like to take a moment and thank my new followers:
Yuki
Ambercasey
Kawaii Peaches
Stavroula
Gwenn

Now, back when I posted my Sephora Gets  many of you guys requested reviews on particular items. Well, your wish is my command! So this is the first in the series of mini reviews. Eden wanted me to report on how well the Ole Henriksen make up wipes worked, and since the same night I used the wipes I also tried out the Sen'eyes make up remover, I'd toss that in too.

This is a mini review because I'm just going to a general write up on how I felt about the product over all, and give it a rating. This is also a mini review because there are no pictures of this product being applied on myself. Now I figured this should go without saying but just to be safe here's a disclaimer:

The below statements & reviews are my thoughts and my thoughts alone. I have in no way been sponsored,  paid, gifted or in any way compensated for this review. Sephora and all brands are properties of their respective owners.


The packaging says it can do everything but fly.

Okay, let's start with the wipes. I used these Sunday night after I came home, and I was pretty excited to finally dig into these. After all the packaging lists so many benefits, I halfway expected a glowing light to come off of ever cloth, and a slightly angelic chorus to go off in the background. To help you understand why, I will quote the package claim: "Gently cleanse and remove even the most stubborn eye make up, with the luxurious cleansing wipes. Naturally based mild surfactants gently remove dirt, grime and make up while essential fatty acids nourish the skin. Vitamin C and micro algae help to brighten firm and smooth skin texture. Gentle moisturizing, age defying cleansing wipes."  Sounds like a big deal right?

So I open it up, and put on my face and-- NOTHING. Man, you can only imagine how disappointed I was when I started to use these wipes. Far from moisturizing the wipe felt very dry against my skin. I was surprised that it was removing any make up at all! the wipe was also very thin so I had to constantly refold it to keep using it. I figured that maybe the first one had been a dud, so I used a second. (I still had make up to wipe off anyway.  ¬_¬) and it felt just like the first one did. As far as wiping off "The most stubborn eye make up" I felt that fell flat too.

Effectiveness: ♥♥♥♡♡  - It takes off the make up, but it took repeated swipes and 2 wipes to get it all.
Price for Product:  ♥♥♥♡♡  - You get 10 wipes per package for $6.00.
Lives up the hype:   ♥♥♡♡♡ - Don't think so. I actually felt better using my off-brand make up wipes.
Comfort:  ♥♥♥ ♡♡ - While it felt dry, it wasn't rough,  nor did the chemicals bother my skin upon contact.
Overall:   ♥♥♥♡♡ - I think this is a standard grade make up wipe.

Final Thoughts - I wasn't impressed with it this at all. In fact I was disappointed after reading through all the supposed benefits, and after hearing such good things about the brand. I felt that having to use 2 wipes per removal in a 10 wipe package, doesn't make for a long lasting product. If you are a die-hard fan of the brand then it may be worth it for you. I will of course use the complete package and hope some of the supposed skin benefits will start showing up. However, I don't think I'll buy this product again unless I see it on sale.



Eye make up remover for SENSITIVE EYES

Now, moving on to the eye make up remover from Make Up Forever. This is a 0.84 fl. oz. travel size and it costs $7.00. Since the make up wipes didn't do what I expected, I went to this. The make up remover is a slightly thick fluid, and feels like a lotion.  Now, on my eyes I was wearing two different types of liquid eye liner, highlighter, and three different shades of eyeshadow.(Eye make pics soon!) I knew this would be a tough job, but I expected Make up forever to be up the challenge. Was it?

Sort of. It took me perhaps three applications on each eye  to get the make up off to a point I was sastified with it. I dabbed some of the remover on some tissue and made steady even strokes all along my eye lid and lash line. Again, for such a small product I was hoping I wouldn't have to use so much but ah last. The worst part about it I'd say was that not only did it STING MY EYES (just a bit, but still) after all of it was off, it left my entire eye and eyelash area feeling very sticky. Even after I applied my nightly face wash, and lemon treatment I STILL felt areas of stickiness. Perhaps it was an affect from having used both the wipes and the eye make up remover cream. (Cream? lotion?)



Effectiveness: ♥♥♥ ♡♡ -It takes off the make up, but it took a rather large amount of product.
Price for Product:  ♥♥♡♡♡   - You get 0.84 fl oz for $7.00.
Lives up the hype:   ♥♥♡♡♡ - Don't think so. Stung my eyes, not very good for a sensitive eye product.
Comfort:  ♥♥♡♡♡ -Not much! Aside from the stinging, that sticky feeling was pretty bad.
Overall:   ♥♥♡♡♡ - Not something I'd recommend sadly.

Final Thoughts - I feel pretty let down by this product. I bought it since it claimed to cater specifically to sensitive eyes, and contact lenses wearers. I was disappointed by the amount of product it took to clean up everything. After one use, my bottle is almost to the half way point. The after feeling was very unpleasant, and I was quite shock by the fact it still stung when applied to my eyes. If I wanted that I'd have stuck to my $2.00 Wet-N-Wild liquid eye make up remover. I used tissue to apply and remove the make up, so perhaps if any of you decide to buy it and see for yourselves you'd benefit from a different applicator? I won't be buying this product again once the amount I have runs out. 


Well, that's all for the mini review! I hope you found this review helpful and if there's anything else you'd like to know, or you want to talk, please drop me a comment!
Next up:
- Mini review on UB curling Mascara
- Full length review on Murad facial mask
- Post on my awesome Sunday

Have a great one!

Labels: , ,

blog comments powered by Disqus


Me
You
Site