Home Tumblr Profile follow






Hello and welcome to Milky-way Heart. I'm known to everyone as Abbie and this is my diary. I'm a 25 yr old Los Angeles, California girl.
In love with: Gyaru fashion, Fairy-Kei Lolita fashion, Fairy-tales, shoujo manga, mahou shoujo, anime, roses, rainy days, the color pink, make up & beauty products, and all things romantic & kawaii. And if you like me enough, I'd love for you to follow me.
This blog looks best in FF, GC, and IE. Sorry Opera users. ;__;

Currently:

Reading: Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai

Watching: Gokinjo Monogatari, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Go!Princess Precure, Pripara

Updates: 8/22/14 Broken images fixed, side bar updated, links updated and removed throughout blog

Site Map: (Remember to click on the text!)
Me - About me, wishlist, stats
You - Ads, Free Space, Reviews & Tutorials
Site- Links, Thanks, Archives, Site info

" I love the whole world, and all its craziness! BOOM DEYADA "

{ Contact }


Favorites ♥

★Paint the Sky with Stars ★Happy Days with Georgie ★Taskin-Illusion ★Geek Ballerina★Cotton Candy Happy

Instagram ♥


Twitter ♥



Lovely Followers ♥

Follow on Bloglovin




Tags ♥
♥ Beauty ♥ Blog Chat ♥ Cooking ♥ Dress Up ♥ Events ♥ Friends ♥ Fun ♥ Gets ♥ Gifts ♥ Giveaways ♥ Inspiration ♥ Life ♥ Mini-Reviews ♥ Outings ♥ personal ♥ Reviews ♥ Style

Credits ♥
? Designer ? Portfolio ? Xmissyger@BS ? Blogger
OLDER
NEWER
008: When life gives you lemons
POSTED AT 4:36 AM WITH \\
Lemons! Not just for enraging you enough to demand to speak to life's manager!

Hey hey guys, how are all of you doing? I hope you're all well! As for me, I'm doing the best I can! I have an important application to send off soon regarding some better employment, and it's got me a bit nervous! I'm almost done with all of it, I just need to do a few last bits! Luckily it's online, and the deadline isn't until the 11th. Wish me luck guys!

As always, I'd like to thank my lovely new followers:
Alexa
Peach Pixie
ミッカ(Mikka)
Hayne Park (No link available)
Berry-Nyappy

Thank you so, so much for following! I can't believe I've only officially launched a few days ago, and I've already gotten so many wonderful followers! I really, really appreciate it.

And now, you may be wondering what all this has to do with lemons! Well, I'm getting there. Over on livejournal, there's an amazing community called Beauty101. It's a wonderful community full of people giving and asking for great advice on everything beauty related. The community is so kind and helpful, so if you've never been there before you should definitely check it out! Now, during one of browsing sessions I came across THIS POST.

In that post, the author shares one of her best skin tips, which is the daily application of lemon juice! (See, I told you I was getting to the point soon!) Since I'm always on the look out for easy home remedies to help improve skin, I immediately had to try this. I put it on Wednesday night for the first time, and Thursday morning I just couldn't top touching my skin. It was SO SOFT. It was amazing. So of course, I put some on again Thursday evening. As stated in the post, the author had to wait a little over a week before all the benefits started to take affect. So, I'll make a full report next Thursday and let you guys know if I see any dramatic improvement. The procedure goes as such:

♥ Wash your face in your favorite cleanser of choice, rinse off and let dry! (I use 'Bring in the Moisture' Foaming Cleanser by Carol's Daughter)

♥ After your face is completely dry, apply FRESH lemon juice to your hand and pat all over your face. Obviously be careful of your eyes, check your fingers/hands for any minute cuts you may have before applying the juice.

♥ Let the lemon juice soak into your skin and sit for at least 20 minutes. I'd recommend no more than 30. Now will probably sting depending on your skin type. If it stings so badly you can't stand it, take it off ASAP. Otherwise, just fan your face and think of glorious smooth skin! (T^T)/

♥ Paying careful attention to the clock, rinse off WELL after your time is up. Remember to try and get all of it off as best you can. Then apply which ever moisturizer you would normally follow your cleanser with. (For my dry sensitive skin I use Fashion Fair's "Fragrance Free Moisturizing Creme with Aloe Vera") Rub in your moisturizer well, and voila! You're all done and on your way to wonderful skin!

For more great lemon based home beauty, check out THIS article from BEAUTYLISH

Another great site, I can't gush about enough is: Weheartit. I just made an account there, and the place is seriously addicting. There are just thousands, upon thousands of beautiful, inspirational, funny, and wonderful pictures. If you guys decide to try it out, you can just click on the box in the side bar. I'd love if you followed me, so we can inspire each other! ♥  ♥


So before I go, I want to ask: What are your favorite home beauty rituals? Do you use special regimens,  indulge in home made masks, or anything else? Let me know!

So remember everyone, when life gives you lemons, after you've gotten mad and burned life's house down, keep the lemons and put the juice on your face!

Labels: ,

blog comments powered by Disqus


Me
You
Site